Hiya everyone! I hope you are all safe and well. Before I start making anymore reviews, I wanted to create a review policy so you guys can better understand how I rate and review books!
Step By Step Guide On How I Review Books
- Plot Execution: I rate the plot’s execution out of 10. It doesn’t matter how amazing the plot is, if it wasn’t executed well, then it looses points here.
- Main characters: Whether a main character is likeable or not really does matter to me, (unless they are meant to be unlikeable.) I’ll ask questions like, “Did their personality seem flat?” or “Where they intriguing?” This section is also rated out of 10.
- Side Characters: I rate the uniqueness or how loveable the side characters are here! If they’re meant to be unlikeable for some reason, then I’ll just rate them on how interesting they are! (rated out of ten.)
- Dialogue: Was the dialogue interesting? Was it unnecessary? Rated out of ten, like all the other sections.
- Writing Style: Was the writing boring? Was it confusing? Was it gripping? Was it beautiful? These are the types of questions I’ll ask when reviewing the writing. (Out of ten as well.)
- For comics; The Art Style: Did the art style stay consistent throughout the book? Did the art style change or decrease? Did the art style correlate with the plot, the overall mood, and theme of the story. If there was color, did the color effectively portray the emotions of the characters or the setting? For comics I will not judge the actual art style itself by saying things like ‘It’s a bad art style.’ That isn’t fair to the illustrator that worked hard on it. (Out of ten as well.) If there was color, did the color effectively portray the emotions of the characters or the setting?
- Enjoyment: Did I want to put the book down? Was the story gripping? Did I want to drop the book? (Out of ten as well.)
- The total score/overall review is out of 10 points!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – I love this book so much! There might have been some flaws, but not enough for me to rate it any lower than this. This book was incredible, and I believe that everyone should read it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐ – This book is good! Sure it had some flaws, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.
⭐⭐⭐ – I rate a book three stars if… a) I enjoyed it, it was soft and fun, but not impactful. b) It was okay. Didn’t like it, didn’t hate it either. It might have been a bit too boring c) Was enjoyable, but there were too many flaws that I just couldn’t look past. Whether it be flaws in the characters, or in the writing.
⭐⭐ – This book was unenjoyable and had too many flaws for me to rate it any higher. Or, it was boring and I didn’t like the characters. It may have simply not been for me. (A rare case of a 2 star rating is if I thought it was a bit too weird for my liking.)
⭐ – I don’t think I’ve ever given a book I’ve read one star. A book I rate one star was either… a) Discriminatory towards certain communities. b) Flat out boring and unoriginal. c) There were way to many flaws to look past.
That’s all for now, if you would like to request a review, please let me know via email, and I will be more than happy to help! Have a fabulous day!