Hey everyone! I hope your day is going fantastic. Today I’m launching my new beta reading service! This project is something I’ve been working on for months, so I’m very excited to share it with the world. Let’s talk a bit more about my service…
What can writers expect from my beta reading service?
For the last two years, I’ve worked on helping people create amazing stories. However, I’ve decided to expand my services to all. From general feedback to in-line notes, I’ve got you covered!
What I Offer
- A detailed report on your manuscript featuring my thoughts on the character development, plot inconsistencies, writing style, and much more!
- In-line notes and feedback
- I will answer up to 30 story-related questions of your choice so that you receive a specific and concise report on your manuscript.
- Minor typo fixes
- Sensitivity reading; If requested, I will provide feedback on the accuracy of the representation I identify with.
What I Do Not Offer
- Editing or grammar checks
- Story re-writing
- Harsh Criticism — Criticism should be given kindly and respectfully
- Critique without an explanation
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to me, so I will never share your work with anyone, ever.
Preferred Reading Genres
My services are open to books from any age group. However, here are the genres I am most interested in reading.
Very Interested: Romance, Contemporary, Fantasy, and Mystery/Thriller books
Somewhat Interested: Historical Fiction, and Science Fiction books
Not Interested: Non-fiction or Memoir books
Base Fee: I charge $1 USD/1,000 words, or $0.001 USD per word. Depending on my current availability, I will provide a complete report 30 days after your beta-reading request.
Rush fee: If you would like feedback as soon as possible, I provide a rush fee of $5/per day. For example, if you’d like a detailed report within 1 week, it’s an additional $35 on top of the base fee.
Time-Crunch Fee: If you need a report ASAP, I charge $50 for feedback wanted 3 days after a beta-reading request.
Payments are done via e-transfer and must be sent before I begin reading your manuscript.
How to Submit a Beta-Reading Request
To submit a beta-reading request, please email me with the title ‘Beta-Reading Request’, and the following information:
- Your name and preferred pronouns
- The genre of your book
- If you can, include a quick blurb or synopsis of your story
- The word count of your manuscript
Once I receive your email, I will get back to you immediately regarding further steps. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write it down below in the comments. I cannot wait to work with you!
Alright, that’s a bit about my service. I’m excited to read your amazing manuscripts. Talk to you soon!
| Instagram | Pinterest | Ko-fi |