Hello beautiful people of the internet! Today I bring you my March wrap-up! Before we get into it, I just want to say that I’m so sorry for not posting as often this month. March was such a hectic month for me. Nevertheless I will still be active and try to interact with all of you as much as possible!
Novels I Read (In order)
(eARC) Thanks A Lot, Universe by Chad Lucas: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4 out of 5 stars) This was such a good book! I received an ARC via Netgalley, and it was the perfect quick and emotional middle grade read. I highly recommend it! Review to come!
(eARC) In Deeper Waters by F.T. Lukens: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4.75 out of 5 stars) Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the first high fantasy book I’ve read! I received an ARC via Netgalley, turnthepagetours and Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishings. This was such an epic and cute story! Book tour stop to come!
He Must Like You by Danielle Younge-Ullman: I’m halfway through this one, and am really liking it so far! Despite being fiction, it’s quite educational!
Graphic Novels and Manga read
Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me by Mariko Tamaki: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4 out of 5 stars) This was a mellow graphic novel about toxic relationships and discovering oneself. It was hard to get into at first, but I found myself really enjoying it towards the end. The artwork is also something I’ve never seen before, and is absolutely stunning!
Moriarty the Patriot Volume 1 by Ryōsuke Takeuchi, Hikaru Myoshi, with ideas from Arthur Conan Doyle: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4.75 out of 5 stars) This was such a great first volume! It was captivating, eccentric and incredibly fast paced. I highly recommend this series to any Sherlock Holmes fans or any British drama lovers.
Blue Flag Volume 3 by Kaito: This volume was as heart-wrenching and stunning as always. Can’t wait to read the next one!
Shortcake Cake Volume 2 by Suu Morishita: ⭐⭐ (2 out of 5 stars) I feel like everything escalated way to quickly, which I’m not necessarily upset about. However, all of a sudden 2-3 boys just started calling Ten (the main character) “mine,” as if she was some kind of property they owned. That part of the book made me feel uncomfortable, because no one owns someone, and I honestly think that was inappropriate. Nevertheless, I hope to continue the series. Maybe it’ll get better!
My Last Summer with Cass by Mark Crilley: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (3.5 out of 5 stars) My Last Summer with Cass was a heart wrenching story on how when life changes, so can relationships. It’s a lovely coming of age that beautifully depicts life’s ups and downs. You can read my author interview and blog tour stop for the book here!
(eARC) Pixels of You by Anath Hirsh, Yuko Ota, and J.R. Doyle: ⭐⭐⭐ (3 out of 5 stars) This was a futuristic sweet enemies-to-lovers graphic novel. It was definitely unique, and I’m sure people who like steampunk will find this novel enjoyable. Thank you Netgalley and ABRAMS Kids for a copy of this book!
Total Number Of Books Read: 13
Total Number Of Posts Published: 5
Average Rating: 7.5/10 or 3.75 out of 5 stars
- Phoenix @ Books With Wings hosted a very interesting discussion on teens in YA!
- April @ Booked Till Midnight reviewed the book Sweet and Bitter Magic in the best way possible!
- Diya @ Legendary Pages wrote a great review on the novel The Infinity Courts!
- Althea @ Althea Is Reading gave us some book recommendations based off of NCT Songs!
- Katie @ Whispering Pages gave us a look into their rating system!
- Sushiiiwithsoysauce listed the top most underrated Naruto characters!!
- Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal created the aesthetic blogger award!!!!
- Isha @ Paperbacktomes gave us some EXO B-Side tracks we should listen to!
- Edy @ Convoluted Situation shares their thoughts on how to build an atmosphere and Garden of Sinners! It was such a well thought out post!
- Georgia @ Lost In Neverland did the Zodiac Music and Book Tag!
- Cherry @ Letters To The Lost did the Meet The Book Blogger tag!
- Emily @ Frappes and Fiction gave is some helpful tips on how to choose our next favorite book!
- Etta @ Chonky Books did the Twenty Questions Book Tag!
- Saima @ Stories With Saima has joined the book blogging community! Welcome Saima!
- Koo @ it’s Koo wrote a beautiful review on the book Eyes That Kiss in the Corner!
- Jan @ The Doodle Crafter tells us why they keeps a diary!
First, let’s recap! Last month, I said I would finish my eARC TBR, and I did! I also posted 2 bookstagram photos this month as well!
Some of my goals for April include…
- Read three new novels
- Post the tags I was tagged in by other (amazing) bloggers
And that’s a wrap! Before I sign off for today, I just wanted to announce that I have a book blogger related project in the works! It won’t be released anytime soon, but I just wanted to throw it out there. 😆 You can read last month’s wrap-up here. Also, if you could be so kind to fill in this form that would be great! Have a fabulous day everyone!