Hiya! Today I’ll be talking about the books I read in April! I’m actually quite happy with this month’s results. I read more books in this month than I have ever read in any month before! Anyways, I hope you enjoy!
Novels I Read
Rogue Princess by B. R. Myers: ⭐⭐⭐ (3.5 out of 5 stars) This was a gripping Cinderella retelling that also had a lot of sci-fi elements. Read my full review here!
(ARC) Made In Korea by Sarah Suk: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4.5 out of 5 stars) I adored this!! Made In Korea is essentially a book about rival high school businesses but make it K-Beauty, and it was so much fun. 😆 I buddy read this one with Rania and Ritz. Do check out their blogs as well! Read my review here, and my interview with the author here!
Yesterday Is History by Kosoko Jackson: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4.25 out of 5 stars) I read this one in two days! It was so intriguing! Yesterday Is History is a touching and quick read on time travel and love. Read my review here!
A Place Called Perfect by Helena Duggan: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4 out of 5 stars) This was my first middle grade read of the year, and it did not disappoint! The premise is incredibly unique too. Review to come!
(ARC) The Other Side of Perfect by Mariko Turk: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (3.75 out of 5 stars) This was a sweet coming of age about dance and musicals. Check out my review here, and my interview with the author here!
Scritch Scratch by Lindsay Currie: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4 out of 5 stars) This was a chilling middle grade novel about a ghost that follows a girl home. Review to come!
Graphic Novels and Manga read
Blue Lock Volumes 1-11 by Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Yuusuke Nomura: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (5 out of 5 stars) I may or may not have binged this series. It was THAT good. I don’t think I’ve ever read something so interesting! I can’t recommend it enough.
Shortcake Cake Volumes 3-6 by Suu Morishita: ⭐⭐⭐ (3 out of 5 stars) This was just okay. The art is incredibly stunning, but I have major issues with a lot of things in the series.
Ao Haru Ride Volumes 12-13 by Io Sakisaka: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4.75 out of 5 stars) Only one more volume left! It feels so bittersweet, but I’m glad I enjoyed the series.
The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4 out of 5 stars) I didn’t like the Prince much, but it was still a cute story nonetheless.
Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds: ⭐⭐⭐ (3 out of 5 stars) This was just okay. I didn’t love the art style, and the ending felt rushed.
(ARC) Star⇄Crossed!! Volume 1 by Junko: ⭐⭐⭐ (3.5 out of 5 stars) This was a fun and light hearted manga on switching bodies with a J-Pop idol.
Eyes That Kiss in the Corners by Joanna Ho and Dung Ho: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4.5 out of 5 stars) This was so adorable!! I loved it! You can read my full review here!
Total Number Of Books Read: 30 (A new record!)
Total Number Of Posts Published: 7
Average Rating: 7.2/10 or 3.7 out of 5 stars
- April @ Booked Till Midnight gives us some summer book recs! And she also celebrates her birthday! Happy Birthday April!!
- Ahaana @ Windows to Worlds reviews A Sky Blues!
- Amanda @ Bookish Brews reviews The Donut Trap and makes a lovely moodboard too.
- Joanna @ The Geekish Brunette talks a bit about Battle Royale, a book that’s coming out soon.
- Amani @ Amani Reviews participates in a very cool readathon called The Ramadan Readathon!!
- Tiffany @ Read by Tiffany reviews XOXO by Axie Oh!
- Cherry @ Letters to the Lost convinces us to read their favorite books through aesthetics!
- The Crab Chronicles gives us some perfect YA beach reads!
- Tsai @ Books With Tsai reviews The Helm of Midnight.
- Sereadipity reviews Witches Steeped in Gold!
- Jiyoon @ Insomniac Reviews gives us a heart felt review of Crying In H Mart.
- SushiiiWithSoysauce goes self hosted. Congrats Sushi!!!!
- Althea @ Althea is Reading gives us some queer non-fiction recs! They also celebrated their birthday! Happy Birthday Althea!!
- Phoenix @ Books with Wings interviews the author Maggie Tokuda!
- Mehsi @ Twirling Book Princess hosts the cutest blog tour stop for the book Fred Gets Dressed.
- The Wordy Whimsical tells us about the podcasts they’ve listened to recently.
- Prutha @ Moonchild Lexicons writes an incredibly informative post on ARCs!
- Aanya @ Sugar, Spice, and Stories interviews a book cover designer! How cool is that?
- Kate @ Your Tita Kate talks about the ARMYdathon, which is a BTS-Themed readathon!!
First, let’s recap! Last month I said I’d read three novels and post some of the things I was tagged to try. Luckily, I read five novels!! However, I only posted one tag. I don’t mind though. 🙂
Some of my goals for May include…
- Finish all netgalley ARCs
- Read five novels
- Drink lots of water
And that’s a wrap! I hope you enjoyed reading about my April in books, I’d love to read about yours too! Have a lovely day!