Hiya! Today I bring you my May wrap-up. I must say, this month was very busy for me, and I’m sure June will be the same. Nevertheless, I still tried to read as much as I could. Enjoy!
Novels I Read
Turtle Under Ice by Juleah del Rosario: (3.5 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was really sweet, but also quite sad. You can read my review here!
Vicious by V.E. Schwab: (4.25 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Vicious is well, interesting, but it was a bit too emo for me. Review to come!
Love is a Revolution by Renee Watson: This was somewhat infuriating, but it was also kind of wholesome?? Maybe I’ll give it three stars. Review to come!
The Sky Blues by Robbie Couch: (4.25 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ The Sky Blues was really cheesy, but also unlike a lot of contemporaries. Review to come!
Graphic Novels and Manga read
Seven Secrets Volume 1 by Tom Taylor: (4.5 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I did not expect to love this the way that I did. The story is incredibly unique, and features a variety of diverse characters. It’s a must read for all action fans!
The Princess Who Saved Herself by Greg Pak: (3.75 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was super cute and uplifting!! I absolutely adored the whimsical and messy setting too.
Just Pretend by Tori Sharp: (4.25 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This memoir was adorable, and had such a beautiful message. Author interview to come!
Blue Flag Volume 4 and 5 by Kaito: (4.5 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Blue Flag is so incredibly emotional and gripping. It’s definitely a must read for all contemporary fans!
The Color Collector by Nick Solis: (4 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a super cute! The story is quite unique too.
A School Frozen in Time Volume 1 by Mizuki Tsujimura and Naoshi Arakawa: (3.5 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐ It’s quite an eerie and whimsical read perfect for fans of Your Lie in April.
Ao Haru Ride Volume 13 by Io Sakisaka: (4.25 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ It’s sad that I have now finished the series. Ao Haru Ride does shojou very well. I definitely recommend it to any manga lovers.
Early One Morning by Lawrence Schimel: (4 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was the PERFECT morning story for kids. Bedtime stories are so common in children’s literature, so I am delighted to see that this is a book is set in the morning.
The Proudest Blue by Ibtihaj Muhammad and Hatem Aly: (4.5 out of 5 stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was so cute! If you’re looking for a hijab-positive book to read to your kids, I highly recommend The Proudest Blue. It’s both an empowering and educational read that oozes out with sisterly love.
Total Number Of Books Read: 10
Total Number Of Posts Published: 8
Average Rating: 7.5/10 or 3.75 out of 5 stars
- April @ Booked Till Midnight did a reading vlog and it was HILARIOUS. 😆
- Amanda @ Bookish Brews creates a list of diverse books with magical competitions. It’s such a great list!
- Cherelle @ A Bolt out of a Book writes an amazing review for Skyhunter. They also redesigned some aspects of their blog. Both versions are stunning!
- Ahaana @ Windows to Worlds does a blog tour stop for May the Best Man Win!
- Birdie @ Birdie’s Booktopia talks about why One of Us is Lying is problematic.
- Alienor @ A Fox’s Wandering talks about series’ they won’t be finishing.
- Rania @ Rania’s Rambling Reads does a lovely review for We Can’t Keep Meeting Like This!
- Cossette @ Tea Time Lit wrote a great review for How We Fall Apart!
- Caitlyn @ Tea Time Lit interviews author Dylan Madelely.
- Isha @ Paperbacktomes reviews the graphic novel Just Pretend!! They write such an articulate review.
- Noura @ The Perks of Being Noura does an interview with author Jasmine Warga!
- Phenoix @ Books with Wings discusses Spoilers! This was also a joint collab with April @ Booked Till Midnight!
First, let’s recap! Last month I said I’d read five novels, read all my netgalley ARCs, and drink more water. Unfortunately, I didn’t meet any of those goals.
Some of my goals for June include…
- Finish three netgalley ARCs, and review them
- Read 4 novels
- Drink lots of water
And that’s a wrap! I hope you enjoyed reading about my May in books, I’d love to read about yours too! If you’d like, you can read last month’s wrap up here. Have a lovely day!